More Smiles Dental Spa Dentistry Blog | James A. Moreau, Jr., D.D.S.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Getting the Garden Ready

We've been busy getting the garden ready for spring and summer. So many patients comment on how much they enjoy the garden views from our operatories, and it always pleases me when someone asks about a particular variety they spot, like the Pineapple Guava bushes or the Cuban Oregano. And last summer we enjoyed sharing some of our herbs with patients.

There were a few shrubs and ground covers that threatened to take things over last summer so we've done some serious pruning and chopping at the mock orange and heather especially. The lush green banana plants will undoubtedly make a strong comeback, and the old roses are looking a little leggy but will soon be whipped into shape as well.

I've already got more basil to plant, and I decided to plant some mint at the office this year since I got tired of trying to remember to bring snippits from the house every few days. Cindi liked to use the mint in fresh iced tea and fruit waters that she serves to patients at the front desk on hot summer days. I think I'll pass on the tomato plants this year since the one I planted last year was pirated by local critters.

I wish I could find some more Cuban oregano. It's been several years since I had some, but I loved the smell of it. I found a few plants at a nursery in Lacombe before Katrina but I don't know if it's still there. Around the same time, I planted some Lamb's Ear that did beautifully on our side garden. I loved the way it draped elegantly over the brick border and overlapped the stone pathway. I've already got a couple of those to put in the ground as soon as I'm sure we're out of danger of another snow storm. ;-)

posted by MoreSmiles at 9:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: Covington Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Moreau, has provided this website for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide advice nor does the use of this site create a doctor-patient relationship. It is only to provide information on a qualified Cosmetic Dentist in Covington, Mandeville, Metairie, New Orleans, Slidell and the surrounding Louisiana areas.

Web Site Design, Development and Optimization by Page 1 Solutions, LLC