More Smiles Dental Spa Dentistry Blog | James A. Moreau, Jr., D.D.S.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's So Nice to be Loved!

Experience has taught me that whenever I start feeling pretty confident, even cocky, about my place in the world, God has a way of humbling me and putting me in my proper place. So it is with a spirit of humility and an eye to the sky that I bask momentarily here and enjoy a recent shower of kudos we've received.

This morning a 6-yr-old young man was in our office with his mom. He went into the restroom to brush his teeth with our disposable, pre-pasted toothbrushes we provide for in-office touch-up prior to an appointment. The mom came out smiling and said, "He hates toothpaste, but he loves the flavor on these toothbrushes. I'll order a case of those if it will get him to brush his teeth." I handed him a few for the road and asked him what flavor he thought they were. "Let me see," he said as he began to brush his teeth standing in the middle of our business office. On the way out the door, he looked up at his mom and said, "Can I brush my teeth in the car?" What a treasure!

A few days ago, another youngster was having some fillings done, and while she wasn't quite so thrilled throughout the entire process, at least towards the end she was beginning to warm up to the whole idea. The adults in the reception room were a bit perplexed, having heard her previous protests, when she exited the building asking, "Can I come back to the dentist soon?" Oh happy day!

Then, there was this comment we received from a patient on a post-appointment survey, which I can't resist passing along (humans live for this kind of affirmation):

"From the first call to inquire about the services offered, and continuing through the completion of my appointment, everyone I encountered practiced a seamless and exceptionally professional service. Quite frankly, your practice should be the model for any business to emulate when it comes to exceptional customer service, a state of the art facility and superior skills at every level. As you might have guessed by now, I was very impressed from my visit and I will go well out of my way to refer my friends and family."

Although we get pretty accustomed here to hearing positive feedback from our patients (and I say that, God, in the humblest sort of way), it is always very gratifying to be reminded that, when we're elbow deep in gauze, cotton rolls, prophy paste, and well, let's face it...spit, we are at the same time fulfilling our purpose of helping other people, restoring health and restoring a smile to the face of a busy mom, a busier toddler, or a tired and frazzled business man taking care of business. We love what we do, and we love it when that shows!

-julie

posted by MoreSmiles at 8:07 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Disclaimer: Covington Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Moreau, has provided this website for informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide advice nor does the use of this site create a doctor-patient relationship. It is only to provide information on a qualified Cosmetic Dentist in Covington, Mandeville, Metairie, New Orleans, Slidell and the surrounding Louisiana areas.

Web Site Design, Development and Optimization by Page 1 Solutions, LLC